Should I buy a tenanted property for own-use in Germany? A trap or an opportunity?Buying a tenanted property can have its advantages and disadvantages. The following article will walk you through some considerations on how you can and should approach buying a tenanted property in Germany.
Table Of Contents
- Why are tenanted properties sold for less?
- Tenant Rights
- Cancellation for Own-use
- What are the notice periods for own-use?
- Extraordinary 10 year protection clause
- Exceptions for cancellation of own-use: Härtefälle
- Seeking legal help to make your claim for own-use formally correct
- Reaching a Settlement before Court
- A moral dilemma
6 tax law issues that homeowners should be aware of
In this interview with a tax advisor, you will learn about the 6 German tax law issues residential property owners need to know about.Read more
Mortgage payment moratorium: Pause repayments for 3 months
Germany has passed a law that allows you to pause the repayment for your mortgage for three months.Read more