Buying property in Germany: 6 things you need to knowIn this interview, our partners from BPS dive into the intricacies of viewing properties in Berlin. Here are the top 6 issues to look out for.
Table Of Contents
- I've arranged an apartment viewing tomorrow, anything I should be on the lookout for?
- What do I need to know in terms of property documents’ due diligence?
- What common mistakes should I avoid with the purchase contract?
- What should I pay attention to during the actual property transfer?
- What property maintenance fees and utility costs will I be responsible for?
- What costs can I expect as a property owner in Germany? Are there unexpected costs?
Can I get a mortgage with a temporary residence permit?
The a short answer is: Yes, it is possible to get approved for a German mortgage as a non-EU citizen with a temporary residence.Read more
Baukindergeld: Extra benefit for new homeowners with kids
Baukindergeld is a state subsidy (12K euros over 10 years per child) for families and single parents who want to buy their first home in Germany.Read more