New real estate commission law: How much to pay?
A new law on real estate commission changes the amount of the commission to be paid. Here's what will change at the end of 2020.
Written by Henrike Herrmann
Published on Sep 12, 2020
In May 2020, the Bundestag decided for a reform of the real estate commission which has been in effect since the end of 2020. The aim of the change in the law is to relieve the burden on the real estate buyer by reducing the purchase costs.
Table Of Contents
- The status quo before 23.12.2020
- What does this new law on real estate commission mean?
- Does it make sense to wait to buy?
- Is this law good for me as a new homebuyer?
- For which type of property does the new law apply?
- When will the new law on real estate commission come into force?
- Are there any exceptions to the new regulation?
- A brokerage contract requires the written form
8 Ways to Increase How Much House You Can Afford in Germany
Find out how you can increase your affordability in times of high property prices and skyrocketing interest rates, and thus afford your German dream home.Read more
Berlin Property Prices and District Guide
What do you have to consider when buying an apartment in Berlin? Our guide answers the most important questions.Read more