The 6 most important insurances in Germany for you & your home
Once you have finalized your mortgage, the next thing to think about is insurance. This is an overview of the common types of insurance.
Written by Jan Bandke
Published on Oct 21, 2020
Once you have finalized your mortgage, the next thing to think about is insurance. Because when you move into your new home, you'll need some. After all, you want your home to be secure and your mortgage payments to be protected even in the worst-case scenario.
Table Of Contents
- Building/Home Insurance ("Gebäudeversicherung")
- Household Contents Insurance (“Hausratversicherung”)
- Term Life Insurance (“Risikolebensversicherung” - RLV)
- Personal Liability Insurance (“Privathaftpflichtversicherung”)
- Legal Insurance (“Rechtsschutzversicherung”)
- Accident Insurance (“Unfallversicherung”)
- Which insurance in Germany makes sense for you?
Legal Insurance in Germany: Helping You Know Your Rights
Sometimes you just need the help of a lawyer. Luckily, a good legal insurance covers the costs. We explain what options you have in Germany.Read more
Life insurance in Germany & how it works
The topic of death is a very sensitive one. Nevertheless, this is a good time to think about securing your loved ones with a term life insurance.Read more