KfW loans: How to save money on your German mortgage
If you are planning to buy your first home in Germany, build or renovate a property, you should always take a look at KfW loans and subsidies.
Written by Henrike Herrmann
Published on Oct 26, 2020
The Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) promotes the purchase of residential property with various products. You can save up to tens of thousands of euros when buying real estate. Hypofriend shows you which KfW subsidies are available and which conditions apply.
Table Of Contents
- How does KfW funding work?
- KfW loans and grants for existing properties and new builds
- KfW-Wohneigentumsprogramm (124)
- Baukindergeld (424)
- How to apply for KfW loans?
- Can I cancel a KfW loan?
- Is unscheduled repayment possible for KfW loans?
- KfW subsidies: a good option for your German mortgage
- Note: Temporarily/partially discontinuation of the KfW residential building programs 261, 262 and 461
8 Ways to Increase How Much House You Can Afford in Germany
Find out how you can increase your affordability in times of high property prices and skyrocketing interest rates, and thus afford your German dream home.Read more
Berlin Property Prices and District Guide
What do you have to consider when buying an apartment in Berlin? Our guide answers the most important questions.Read more