What’s the role of SCHUFA in getting a mortgage?
SCHUFA is Germany's largest credit agency and calculates credit scores that are used by banks when deciding on a mortgage.
Written by Henrike Herrmann
Published on May 27, 2021
SCHUFA is Germany's largest credit agency and calculates credit scores that provide information about your creditworthiness. These scores are used by banks in the decision-making process for mortgage loans and have a major impact on the decision.
Table Of Contents
- Why does SCHUFA matter?
- What is the problem with SCHUFA?
- What is the SCHUFA?
- How does a SCHUFA entry happen?
- What is the SCHUFA credit score?
- The best way to get a SCHUFA report
- How to read the SCHUFA report?
- What you need to be aware of when approaching a mortgage broker!
- 11 Tips to improve and maintain your SCHUFA score
8 Ways to Increase How Much House You Can Afford in Germany
Find out how you can increase your affordability in times of high property prices and skyrocketing interest rates, and thus afford your German dream home.Read more
Berlin Property Prices and District Guide
What do you have to consider when buying an apartment in Berlin? Our guide answers the most important questions.Read more