What’s the role of SCHUFA in getting a mortgage?SCHUFA is Germany's largest credit agency and calculates credit scores that are used by banks when deciding on a mortgage.
Table Of Contents
- Why does SCHUFA matter?
- What is the problem with SCHUFA?
- What is the SCHUFA?
- How does a SCHUFA entry happen?
- What is the SCHUFA credit score?
- The best way to get a SCHUFA report
- How to read the SCHUFA report?
- What you need to be aware of when approaching a mortgage broker!
- 11 Tips to improve and maintain your SCHUFA score
KfW loans: How to save money on your German mortgage
If you are planning to buy your first existing or new home in Germany, build or buy a new climate friendly home, or renovate a property, you should always take a look at KfW loans and subsidies. Your mortgage advisor should always check if and how much it helps.Read more
Can I get a mortgage with a temporary residence permit?
The a short answer is: Yes, it is possible to get approved for a German mortgage as a non-EU citizen with a temporary residence.Read more