Building a house in Germany - What you should consider
When building a house, you can design the property according to your wishes and you can even get away cheaper. Hypofriend explains to you what you have to consider.
Written by Henrike Herrmann
Published on Aug 11, 2020
Finding a property in germany that meets your expectations and fits into your budget can be challenging. Sometimes even impossible. Especially if the property should be modern. Instead of searching endlessly for the right property, the idea of building your own house can sometimes be a worthwhile one. It can be completely created according to your own wishes. What many don't believe: Building your own house is often cheaper than buying an existing one. Hypofriend explains what you have to consider when building a house in Germany, what your options are and what costs you have to calculate.
Table Of Contents
- Find a plot of land to build on
- Building your own house in Germany means saving on the purchase costs:
- Closing costs for a property
- Building permit
- Duration of a house construction
- Building options - different types of houses
- Construction method
- Consider construction subsidies
- Insurances for building owners
- Is it worthwhile to have a surveyor?
- For whom building a house in Germany makes sense
8 Ways to Increase How Much House You Can Afford in Germany
Find out how you can increase your affordability in times of high property prices and skyrocketing interest rates, and thus afford your German dream home.Read more
Berlin Property Prices and District Guide
What do you have to consider when buying an apartment in Berlin? Our guide answers the most important questions.Read more